MEET THE TEAM
A best friend duo that met on their high school Photography Club field trip (and sometimes a labradoodle)
MEET ME, JAKI!
Hi, it's me! Jaki! I'm a born and raised Seattleite living in Capitol Hill with my boyfriend Sam, our Fozzie Bear of a labradoodle, Adi, and our Bengal cat Ronan, AKA "the small angry dog." Together, we live such a fun, exciting life full of hard work, travel and adventure. If there's one thing that makes me believe in how important documenting love is, it's those three. Corny? Yes. True? Also yes.
Photography has been a real big deal to me since I was 14 years old, and I have been in the wedding photography game for a decade. I'm a huge computer game nerd, but also love the outdoors and going on adventures with you. On an average day, you can catch me at Solstice Cafe, editing away over three too many cappuccinos!
3 FUN FACTS
1. I love to travel! I have visited 7 countries in my life, 5 of which were in the last year alone.
2. Alpine skiing is the only thing I'm AS passionate about as photography.
3. One of my life goals is to have my own urban patio garden, even though I'm not a very good gardener.
What photography means to me
Connecting with you and having the opportunity to step into your lives and give you something to remember your milestones is an insanely fulfilling experience that I can hardly put into words. This is not just a job or a transaction in my eyes, but an experience that truly makes me feel I am making a difference in this world. Those tear-jerking emails I receive from happy clients when they receive their gallery is what I live and breathe for. I am committed to creating an heirloom so you can remember the important milestones like it was yesterday, forever because I want to feel like this again and again and again!
Mel is my best friend, second shooter, and neighbor! We met on a high school Photo Club field trip in 2006, and now we get to share our passion for photography together. Mel is an artist by nature and has always had such an incredible eye for capturing raw emotion. She'll wrangle your guests when it's time for toasts, mend your dress in an emergency, and capture the sweet, in between moments with your family and friends that you missed. It’s such an honor for me to be able to bring that into your galleries.
3 FUN FACTS
1. Melanie runs a mid century modern business with her husband called Modern Nest Northwest.
2. In addition to wedding photography, she is a preschool teacher and nanny who emphasizes art and creativity in her teaching.
3. Her favorite place on the planet is Capri, Italy.. where she got engaged! (and I photographed the proposal!)
I met Adi on the night of Sam's and my first date. She was his puppy of just under a year old, and moving in with him meant moving in with her, too! After bringing her to mini session and seeing how well-behaved she was, I started bringing her to the occasional full length engagement session. She has since been officially added to the team as the assistant smile bringer, and is the sweetest, derpy floof you'll ever meet.
3 FUN FACTS
1. Adi's favorite toy is her squeaky duck, Duck. She has had Duck since she was a puppy, and it is the only toy she hasn't destroyed.
2. She sleeps more than our cat!
3. She gets so excited to play fetch, she starts running before you throw the ball.